Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Breasts and Thighs and Wings

Dear Lord,
Hope the weather is nice where you are, thanks for the pretty weather here. Thanks for all my family and friends, they're pretty cool so good call there. Please take care of all the people in the world who are cold and hungry and hurting.
I wanted to talk to you about something specific tonight, if you have the time...but I'm pretty sure you do. There are some things that just don't make sense to me. I don't mean to question and I don't mean to complain...it's just a little light shed on a couple things would really help me out. Lord, I'd like you to walk me through the Garden of Eden, take me to that fateful day when you created something beautiful and soft and sweet out of something sweaty and hairy and smelly. What was the train of thought there?
You see, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe you were tired (and really, who can blame you?) or maybe you just have an odd sense of humor (in which case, there is a good laugh to be had) when you created us man and woman.
We're so different and yet so alike. Our pieces fit, but sometimes the puzzle doesn't make sense.
I think the general idea was good Lord, but somewhere on the way, things started to go wrong. We take advantage of each other's gifts and strengths and then leave one another empty and bruised. Men want many women, and many women only want one man. Men want to be free, and women desire to be tied. Women want words and songs and thoughts, men want thighs and breasts and wings.
I'm confused Lord, how do we all fit together? How did you design us? How do we get back there?
I'll let you get back to fixing things Lord, I hope the view is wonderful from where you are. See you soon.

Love,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment