Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Roll Off Exotic Tongues

I'm restless. As of now, I have a good job. As of always, I have a great family and wonderful friends and a relationship with Jesus Christ. As of now, I'm bored, I'm restless...something is missing. I'd like to think that busy will cure restless...and don't get me wrong, I'm fanfreakingtastic at compartmentalizing, but I don't think I'll be able to pack this feeling away in the attic that is my mind. Until I'm content, until I'm happy with what and who is around me and happy with the experiences I encounter and the feelings that course through me daily, I will forever be restless. What will it take? I know I don't want cookie cutter, I don't want normal or even sane... ("two roads diverged..." and all that.) So what do I want? I want to travel (the ENTIRE Caribbean, eastern Europe, western Europe, Morocco, Andorra, Vatican City, Sicily, Sardinia, Greece, Bulgaria, Sydney, London, Glasgow, French mountains and American valleys, New England in the fall, Paris at night, Switzerland in the dead of winter). I want to taste exotic foods and listen to exotic languages as they roll off exotic tongues. I want a wind chapped face and a suntanned body. I want to grow up. I want to write my own love story. I want to write the great Texan novel. I want to love and be loved in return. I want to knock down walls that lead to ancient treasure and knock down the walls around my heart. I want to believe in love without fear. I want to really stand up for what I believe. I want to experience Christ in the Holy Land and God in all His creations.

I don't want good. I want amazing, I want breathtaking. I want Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment